ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) - The lights went out at Tropicana Field on Sunday, sending the Rays game against the Yankees into a delay.
The power was quickly restored and teams were able to resume play.
“During the ninth inning of today’s game, Tropicana Field experienced a power outage stemming from a failure of a main switch into the building. Rays operations staff identified the problem and were able to reroute the electrical feed to an alternate switch temporarily so that the game could resume. We apologize for the delay," the Rays said in a statement.
It's the third power outage the stadium has experienced in the last five years. The power went out once in 2014 and again the following year.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Dropped off far from home by bus driver, Tampa girl runs home terrified, crying
- Wanted:The owner of prosthetic ear found in Holmes Beach
- Man caught at JFK smuggling 34 finches in hair curlers
- Binge-watching may lead to increased risk of blood clots, research says