ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — The Tampa Bay Rays have placed right-hander Charlie Morton on the 10-day injured list due to inflammation in his pitching shoulder.
The move comes one day after Morton was removed from a start against the New York Yankees in the third inning. Morton is 1-1 with a 5.40 ERA in four starts this season.
He was an All-Star in 2018 and 2019.
The Rays filled the roster opening by reinstating lefty reliever José Alvarado from the paternity list.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- Two years later, the murder of an elderly Clearwater couple remains a mystery
- Hero on aisle 8: Cashier saves customer’s life
- Poll: More than a third of Americans won’t even trust their doctor to tell them a COVID-19 vaccine is safe