ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Brandon Lowe’s two-run triple snapped an eighth-inning tie and lifted the Tampa Bay Rays to a 4-1 victory over the Toronto Blue Jays.
Lowe tripled into the gap in right-center field off reliever Sam Gaviglio. The right-hander later balked, allowing Lowe to score the third run of the inning.
Ji-Man Choi drove in Tampa Bay’s other run with a sixth-inning double off Matt Shoemaker, who made his first start for the Blue Jays since injuring his left knee in April 2019.
Cavan Biggio went 2 for 3 with a walk, extending his on-base streak to a major league-best 31 consecutive games.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Leigh’s runcast: Intense heat makes it more difficult to exercise outside
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Isaias heads north; drier air locally
- Dunkin’s free coffee Mondays begin Aug. 3
- Eagles coach Doug Pederson tests positive for COVID-19
- Investigation underway for deputy-involved fatal shooting in Sarasota County