BOSTON (AP) — Kevin Kiermaier hit a tiebreaking, two-run double in the seventh inning, Manuel Margot had four hits and the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Boston Red Sox 8-7.
Kiermaier’s opposite-field line drive off reliever Jeffrey Springs rolled all the way to the wall in left-center field.
Yoshi Tsutsugo and Margot scored after both singled to start the inning. Kiermaier had three RBIs.
Margot’s double in the eighth made it 8-5. Kiermaier finished 2 for 4, Michael Perez had a two-run single and Joey Wendle hit an RBI triple for the Rays, who had a season-high 16 hits.
- Tampa Bay Lightning win Stanley Cup
- USF & Buccaneers to host joint press conference on fans returning to games on Tuesday
- Lightning would like to win cup for captain Steven Stamkos
- Lightning head coach on avoiding distractions ahead of Game 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay fans celebrating Lightning’s Stanley Cup win