TAMPA (WFLA) – Tampa Bay Rays fans celebrating after the team clinched their spot in the World Series, beating the Houston Astros in the American League Championship Series.
“They are going to the World Series for the second time in their history,” said Rays fan Caleb Bhagwandin.
Ferg’s Sports Bar and Grill in St. Petersburg, filled with fans as they watched the Rays win the American League pennant.
The excitement spreading over social media with St. Pete Mayor Rick Kriseman tweeting his congratulations to the team and Tampa Mayor Jane Castor calling it an ‘epic season’ so far for the Rays.
Game 1 of the World Series is set for Tuesday night, Oct. 20 where the Rays will face either the Atlanta Braves or the Los Angeles Dodgers.
MORE TOP STORIES
- St. Petersburg residents react to Chauvin verdict
- Hillsborough Co. school board member questions superintendent’s leadership following teacher layoffs
- SUV flies over cliff into ocean in California
- 1 dead in officer-involved shooting in Ohio; Mayor identifies victim as young woman
- Southbound lanes of U.S. 19 closed following Clearwater police SUV crash