TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A member of the Philadelphia Phillies’ coaching staff and one member of the home clubhouse staff has tested positive for coronavirus, according to the team.
On Thursday, the Phillies announced all activity at Citizens Bank Park has been canceled until further notice following yesterday’s testing results.
According to the team, no players tested positive during yesterday’s round of testing.
On June 23, the team said two more players and two additional staff members had tested positive for COVID-19, spiking the number of total members in the organization who have the virus to 12.
No other information has been released at this time.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Dog rescued after being spotted running in northbound lanes of I-275
- Sarasota Police Chief Bernadette DiPino to resign, effective Friday
- The ‘Wolf Moon’ will rise in the sky this week – here’s how you can best view it
- For a Tampa teen, it’s been a lifetime since the Buccaneers have been in the Super Bowl
- Buccaneers announce which uniform combo they are wearing in Super Bowl LV