TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A member of the Philadelphia Phillies’ coaching staff and one member of the home clubhouse staff has tested positive for coronavirus, according to the team.
On Thursday, the Phillies announced all activity at Citizens Bank Park has been canceled until further notice following yesterday’s testing results.
According to the team, no players tested positive during yesterday’s round of testing.
On June 23, the team said two more players and two additional staff members had tested positive for COVID-19, spiking the number of total members in the organization who have the virus to 12.
No other information has been released at this time.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- AP sources: Woman accused of sending ricin letter arrested
- List: 2020 Emmy Awards winners
- 1 dead following apartment complex shooting in Tampa, deputies investigating
- Report: Carole Baskin to get new show about animal exploitation
- Tampa Bay rescue team helps save 30 Panhandle residents from floodwater