BOSTON (WFLA/CNN) – Nike has canceled its endorsement deal with football player Antonio Brown after rape accusations that surfaced in a lawsuit recently.
Nike announced Thursday they had dropped the New England Patriots wide receiver. In the announcement, the company said, “Antonio Brown is not a Nike athlete.”
A lawsuit filed last week in South Florida accuses the wide receiver of sexually assaulting his former personal trainer. Brown has denied the allegations.
Just days after news of the lawsuit broke, Brown made his debut with the Patriots. The defending Super Bowl champion team signed Brown the same day the 31-year-old was released by the Oakland Raiders following a tumultuous preseason.
- California sent COVID-19 jobless benefits to Scott Peterson, death row inmates
- Jupiter, Saturn to form closest ‘great conjunction’ in 800 years
- Police: Woman kidnapped from Orlando to Sarasota to be sexually assaulted
- Florida coronavirus: State surpasses 950,000 total cases
- Rays playoff hero Randy Arozarena arrested in Mexico’s Yucatan