BOSTON (WFLA/CNN) – Nike has canceled its endorsement deal with football player Antonio Brown after rape accusations that surfaced in a lawsuit recently.
Nike announced Thursday they had dropped the New England Patriots wide receiver. In the announcement, the company said, “Antonio Brown is not a Nike athlete.”
A lawsuit filed last week in South Florida accuses the wide receiver of sexually assaulting his former personal trainer. Brown has denied the allegations.
Just days after news of the lawsuit broke, Brown made his debut with the Patriots. The defending Super Bowl champion team signed Brown the same day the 31-year-old was released by the Oakland Raiders following a tumultuous preseason.
- Lakeland High School back to normal after being placed on ‘heightened security’ due to phone call threat
- 30 years later…the original cast of The Real World is back!
- Teacher had to lock sub out of classroom after he attacked students in Polk County, police say
- Nikki Fried asks FBI to investigate Florida’s vaccine distribution
- Chipotle, e.l.f. team up to satisfy your hunger for beauty