GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Florida standout tight end Kyle Pitts is turning pro and skipping a potential bowl game.
Pitts made his announcement on social media less than 12 hours after the Gators lost to No. 1 Alabama 52-46 in the Southeastern Conference championship game.
The 6-foot-6 junior from Philadelphia finished with seven receptions for 129 yards and a touchdown.
He’s expected to be the first tight end selected in the 2021 NFL draft and quite possibly a top-10 pick.
Coach Dan Mullen says “you completely respect” his decision.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Decomposed body found in Pasco County; investigation underway, official says
- Rays clinch 2nd straight AL East title, beat Marlins 7-3
- Butterfly release vigil held in North Port ahead of Gabby Petito’s funeral
- Sheriff’s office: At least 3 killed in Amtrak derailment
- Louisiana mom accused of throwing 2 children off bridge, killing 1