DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — NASCAR driver Austin Dillon has tested positive for COVID-19 and will not compete in Sunday’s Cup Series race at Daytona International Speedway’s road course.
Richard Childress Racing says Dillon tested positive Saturday morning. He is now self-quarantining away from the team. His wife and son remain healthy and symptom-free.
Kaz Grala will drive the No. 3 Chevrolet at Daytona.
Dillon is the third Cup Series drive to test positive for the coronavirus, joining seven-time champion Jimmie Johnson and part-timer Brendan Gaughan.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Jill Biden to host drive-in rally in Tampa on Sunday
- Tampa man creates unique device for socially distant trick or treating
- View with caution: This may be America’s creepiest Halloween display
- Scary good resale value: Sold-out 12-foot Home Depot skeleton is reselling for more than $1,500
- Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes