DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — NASCAR driver Austin Dillon has tested positive for COVID-19 and will not compete in Sunday’s Cup Series race at Daytona International Speedway’s road course.
Richard Childress Racing says Dillon tested positive Saturday morning. He is now self-quarantining away from the team. His wife and son remain healthy and symptom-free.
Kaz Grala will drive the No. 3 Chevrolet at Daytona.
Dillon is the third Cup Series drive to test positive for the coronavirus, joining seven-time champion Jimmie Johnson and part-timer Brendan Gaughan.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Unusual treatment shows promise for kids with brain tumors
- Sheriff Grady Judd to provide details on fatal officer-involved shooting in Winter Haven
- 5,200 tons of cosmic dust fall to Earth each year
- WATCH: News Channel 8’s Deanne King rides with the Blue Angels
- Apple working on 2 new smart-home products, report says