ST. PETERSBURG (WFLA) — The Tampa Bay Rays traded first baseman and designated hitter José Martínez to the Chicago Cubs Sunday.
The compensation for Martínez, 32, will either be cash considerations or players to be named later.
The Rays recalled 25-year-old outfielder Randy Azozarena to the active roster to replace Martínez’s spot.
Martinez played 24 games for the Rays, starting 17 of them.
- Friday Night Blitz: Pinellas Park Patriots vs Mitchell Mustangs
- Friday Night Blitz: Tarpon Springs Spongers vs River Ridge Royal Knights
- Friday Night Blitz: Auburndale Bloodhounds vs Lake Gibson Braves
- Friday Night Blitz: Kathleen Red Devils vs Strawberry Crest Chargers
- Friday Night Blitz: Osceola Warriors vs Countryside Cougars