KANSAS CITY, Mo. (WDAF) — Kansas City Royals season ticket holders can be in the stands this year without actually being at Kauffman Stadium. Just send in a photo!
The Royals launched their Fanbassador program Wednesday. Season ticket holders can order a hard plastic cutout in their likeness.
The Royals will start with 500 cutouts, placed around the stadium – that way fans can see themselves on TV during games.
The Royals hope real people will be able to return to the stadium at some point.
“We’re going to be playing baseball. We don’t know if we’re going to be playing with fans right away. But we hope to be playing in front of fans before it’s all said and done,” said Toby Cook, Royals Vice President of Publicity.
The cutouts are $40. Half of the money will go towards the Royals Respond Fund, which helps with food insecurity during the COVID-19 crisis.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- 24M Americans fear they won’t be able to pay rent
- President Trump holds White House news conference
- USPS expects mail-in ballot surge, Democrats and Republicans disagree about giving USPS more money to prepare
- Man, woman wanted for shooting dog to death in broad daylight, Colorado police say
- Lawmakers seek increased consumer protections during the pandemic