TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Tampa Bay Rowdies stepped onto the practice field in Tampa on Wednesday morning to prepare for their second game of the season. They will travel to Miami to take on Miami FC on Friday.
The two teams will face off on the field for the first time since 2016. They found themselves in different leagues for the past three seasons but, with the Miami FC joining the USL Championship this year, the Sunshine State rivalry is reborn.
The Rowdies are looking to add another win to their record. They beat the New York Red Bulls II in their first game of the season.
Miami FC lost to Saint Louis FC in their USL Championship debut.
LATEST SPORTS NEWS:
- Bruce Arians speaks-up about social injustice
- USF football player calls for ‘peace walk’ in Tampa
- AP source: NBA owners approve 22-team season restart plan
- Drew Brees apologizes for anthem comments after backlash from teammates, others
- Brees’ anthem comments draw backlash from teammates, others