ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – The interior of Tropicana Field looked different on Monday afternoon. The baseball diamond had been transformed into a football field to showcase an amazing amount of collegiate talent.
The players on the field are members of the East-West Shrine Bowl. They are practicing this week ahead of the game on Saturday.
We are highlighting three of the local players on the team:
- Mitchell Wilcox, a tight end from the University of South Florida
- Freddie Swain, a wide receiver from the University of Florida
- Adrian Killins Junior, a running back from the University of Central Florida
LATEST SPORTS HEADLINES:
- VP Pence tweets ‘America needs College Football’
- Bucs’ ‘main guy’ Ronald Jones speaks on LeSean McCoy acquisition
- Morton on IL with inflamed shoulder, Alvarado rejoins Rays
- Texas gymnast hopes postponement of Olympics will give her shot at biggest stage
- Big announcement about college football season could be coming