ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – The interior of Tropicana Field looked different on Monday afternoon. The baseball diamond had been transformed into a football field to showcase an amazing amount of collegiate talent.
The players on the field are members of the East-West Shrine Bowl. They are practicing this week ahead of the game on Saturday.
We are highlighting three of the local players on the team:
- Mitchell Wilcox, a tight end from the University of South Florida
- Freddie Swain, a wide receiver from the University of Florida
- Adrian Killins Junior, a running back from the University of Central Florida
LATEST SPORTS HEADLINES:
- Emmitt Smith goes 1-on-1 with Walter Payton’s son to discuss first Super Bowl, all-time rushing record
- 49ers’ Super Bowl run has similarities to 1981 title team
- Super Bowl back in Miami for 11th time after 10-year hiatus
- 3 must-visit foodie stops during Super Bowl week in Miami
- Chiefs fan draws inspiration from Toy Story movies for new ‘Andy’ Reid tattoo