LOS ANGELES (AP) – Death certificates show Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna were buried Friday in a cemetery near the family’s Southern California home.
Pacific View Memorial Park in Corona del Mar features meticulous landscaping, open courtyards and fountains. Actor John Wayne also is buried there.
The Bryants and seven others were killed in a Jan. 26 helicopter crash. The cause is under investigation.
The retired basketball superstar, his daughter and the other victims will be honored at a Feb. 24 public memorial at Staples Center, where Bryant starred for most of his 20-year career with the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Hillsborough deputies release new update in search for Town ‘n’ Country church arsonist
- Mourners continue to pay respects to Ginsburg
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis proposes college ‘bill of rights’ to party
- House Dems urge Senate to move forward with negotiations on next COVID relief bill
- Kenosha shooter’s defense portrays him as ‘American patriot’