LOS ANGELES (WFLA) — Kobe Bryant, the NBA legend who died in a helicopter crash earlier this year, would have turned 42 years old Sunday.
Bryant’s body was recovered along with his 13-year-old daughter Gianna on the outskirts of Los Angeles County after their helicopter crashed Jan. 26. A total of nine people died in the accident.
Bryant will never be forgotten, as he left behind one of the most decorated and idolized careers in NBA history.
He played for one team his entire career, the Los Angeles Lakers. In LA, Bryant became a five-time NBA champion, two-time NBA Finals MVP, and 18-time NBA All-Star, among many others.
- Starbucks offering free coffee to frontline workers through December
- Cold weather shelters to open as temperatures drop in Tampa Bay
- Sarasota officer moved to tears by stranger’s note
- First blood test to help diagnose Alzheimer’s goes on sale
- Motorcyclist dies after crashes with 2 vehicles in St. Pete