LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – The Florida Tropics are taking the Major Arena Soccer League by storm.
The indoor soccer league has 17 teams, with 15 in the U.S. and two in Mexico.
The Florida Tropics, based in Lakeland, are holding their own in the league, leading the season undefeated.
Friday morning the Florida Tropics suited up with 8 On Your Side’s Lila Gross and hit the field.
On Saturday, Dec. 28, the Florida Tropics will take on the defending champion the Milwaukee Wave.
The Tropics are riding a team-best five-game win streak to open the 2019-20 season, with the signature triumph coming Dec. 7 in Milwaukee.
It was the Wave’s home opener, but Florida spoiled the party with a 5-4 overtime win.
You can catch the Florida Tropics tomorrow at 5 p.m. on News Channel 8’s sister station WTTA Great 38.
If you want to see the action in person, tickets to the game at the R.P. Funding Center in Lakeland start at $7.
CLICK HERE to learn more about the Florida Tropics.
- Purple Alert issued for Citrus County man
- Winning Powerball numbers drawn for $785 million jackpot
- Jalen Hurts throws for TD, runs for another as Eagles thump Buccaneers 25-11 to remain unbeaten
- Travis Kelce jersey sales increase nearly 400% after Taylor Swift attends Chiefs game: report
- Which candidates have qualified for 2nd Republican debate?