LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – The Florida Tropics are taking the Major Arena Soccer League by storm.
The indoor soccer league has 17 teams, with 15 in the U.S. and two in Mexico.
The Florida Tropics, based in Lakeland, are holding their own in the league, leading the season undefeated.
Friday morning the Florida Tropics suited up with 8 On Your Side’s Lila Gross and hit the field.
On Saturday, Dec. 28, the Florida Tropics will take on the defending champion the Milwaukee Wave.
The Tropics are riding a team-best five-game win streak to open the 2019-20 season, with the signature triumph coming Dec. 7 in Milwaukee.
It was the Wave’s home opener, but Florida spoiled the party with a 5-4 overtime win.
You can catch the Florida Tropics tomorrow at 5 p.m. on News Channel 8’s sister station WTTA Great 38.
If you want to see the action in person, tickets to the game at the R.P. Funding Center in Lakeland start at $7.
CLICK HERE to learn more about the Florida Tropics.
- Don’t fall for these mistakes when betting the Super Bowl
- Winner of ‘Worst Cooks in America’ arrested in death of adopted 3-year-old daughter
- St. Pete city leaders announce proposals for Tropicana Field site redevelopment
- Small diverse-owned businesses hope to benefit from the Super Bowl in Tampa Bay
- Man charged after allegedly selling stimulus checks stolen with help of postal worker