TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Vita Vea confirmed on Tuesday afternoon he previously tested positive for COVID-19.
“It was not that bad,” said Vea. “I had symptoms. I think the biggest thing was it just felt like the normal flu for me. I think I had symptoms for three days.”
Vea is entering his third year in the league and, like his rookie and sophomore seasons, he is expected to be a force on the defensive line.
He is currently participating in training camp with a club on his right hand following a surgery earlier this summer.
“My hand feels good right now,” said Vea. “As far as the club, it had been an adjustment but it should be off soon.”
- Walk-ups now welcome at FEMA vaccine site in Tampa
- Florida Strawberry Festival opens in Plant City with COVID-19 restrictions
- Eager to act, Biden and Democrats leave Republicans behind
- House passes sweeping voting rights bill over GOP opposition
- Third stimulus check: Some Senate Dems call for automatic payments