LYNCHBURG, Va. (AP) — Malik Willis threw two touchdown passes and accounted for 370 yards of offense to lead Liberty to a 36-34 victory over Florida International.
Willis was 24-of-30 passing for 285 yards and added 85 yards rushing. His 67-yard run helped set up Alex Barbir’s 27-yard field goal that stretched the Flames’ lead to 36-28.
Lexington Joseph returned the ensuing kickoff 63 yards. Four plays later Stone Norton made it 36-34 with a 6-yard TD pass to D’vonte Price, pulling FIU to 36-34 with 4:30 left.
Joseph also ran 100 yards into the end zone on the opening kickoff.
LATEST ON COLLEGE SPORTS:
- USF moving forward with plans to build indoor practice facility
- University of Tampa golfer invited to Augusta National Women’s Amateur
- USF Bulls announce 2021 football schedule
- USF football to hold spring game at Raymond James Stadium
- USF head football coach feels winning culture of Bucs, Lightning, and Rays will inspire team