NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Kyle Trask passed for 383 yards and three touchdowns, and No. 6 Florida rallied from an early deficit to beat Vanderbilt 38-17.
The Gators pulled into Vanderbilt Stadium an hour before kickoff already in uniform, hoping to avoid the visitors’ locker room as a coronavirus precaution.
The Commodores opened the game by driving for a touchdown, but Trask helped get Florida on track for its seventh consecutive win in the series.
Trask, a Heisman Trophy hopeful, completed 26 of 35 passes to nine different receivers. He is the first quarterback in SEC history to accrue 30 touchdown passes in seven games.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- ‘World’s loneliest elephant’ Kaavan starts trip to Cambodia sanctuary
- Missing Florida boater found clinging to capsized boat
- These are the weirdest holiday foods you can buy
- Fauci: US may see ‘surge upon surge’ of virus in weeks ahead
- Zoom invite scam: Don’t click that phony ‘reactivate’ or ‘reschedule’ link