NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Kyle Trask passed for 383 yards and three touchdowns, and No. 6 Florida rallied from an early deficit to beat Vanderbilt 38-17.
The Gators pulled into Vanderbilt Stadium an hour before kickoff already in uniform, hoping to avoid the visitors’ locker room as a coronavirus precaution.
The Commodores opened the game by driving for a touchdown, but Trask helped get Florida on track for its seventh consecutive win in the series.
Trask, a Heisman Trophy hopeful, completed 26 of 35 passes to nine different receivers. He is the first quarterback in SEC history to accrue 30 touchdown passes in seven games.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Funeral service planned for Gabby Petito in New York, father says
- Gov. DeSantis holds press conference in Melbourne Beach
- Hillsborough Co. deputy shot, hospitalized in barricaded standoff
- Bystander tackles minister accused of touching child inappropriately at Oklahoma bus stop
- Passenger on JetBlue flight tried to storm cockpit, choke flight attendant with necktie, FBI says