NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Kyle Trask passed for 383 yards and three touchdowns, and No. 6 Florida rallied from an early deficit to beat Vanderbilt 38-17.
The Gators pulled into Vanderbilt Stadium an hour before kickoff already in uniform, hoping to avoid the visitors’ locker room as a coronavirus precaution.
The Commodores opened the game by driving for a touchdown, but Trask helped get Florida on track for its seventh consecutive win in the series.
Trask, a Heisman Trophy hopeful, completed 26 of 35 passes to nine different receivers. He is the first quarterback in SEC history to accrue 30 touchdown passes in seven games.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg kicks off Friday
- From St. Pete Grand Prix weekend to start of the Florida State Fair, 8 fun things to do in Tampa Bay this weekend
- American honey may contain traces of nuclear fallout from 50s and 60s: study
- Teacher charged with drug possession after cocaine found in desk
- Man could get prison for dumping garbage on own property for years