GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Kyle Trask found Kyle Pitts for three touchdowns, including a 56-yarder in which the star tight end ran away from a cornerback, and sixth-ranked Florida overcame a sluggish start to beat Kentucky 34-10 in the Swamp.
It was Pitts’ first game since suffering a concussion and breaking his nose on a vicious hit against Georgia.
Trask wasted little time reconnecting with his favorite and most talented target.
Trask has 34 TD passes this season, moving him past 2007 Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow and into a tie for third on the school’s single-season list. He trails only Danny Wuerffel.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Police: ‘Grease’ actor arrested after throwing plates, food at deputies in Maryland restaurant
- Beware of carnivorous hammerhead worms wreaking havoc on lawns
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Tropical Depression 16 forms in the Atlantic
- North Port community holds candlelight vigil for Gabby Petito
- ‘I wanted to support her’: Barber shaves own head to comfort woman battling breast cancer