TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Matt Corral threw for 342 yards and two touchdowns, leading Mississippi to a 26-20 upset of seventh-ranked Indiana in the Outback Bowl on Saturday.
Corral’s 3-yard pass to Dontario Drummond put the Rebels ahead for good with 4:12 remaining. The Ole Miss defense came through with one more stop to ensure the school’s first non-losing record since going 6-6 in 2017.
Coach Lane Kiffin was rewarded before the game with a new contract, even though he’s just completing his first season with the Rebels.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Florida deputies say training saved their lives during armed ambush
- Pfizer submits promising data to FDA from vaccine trial with kids ages 5-11
- Homicides up nearly 30% in 2020, biggest 1-year jump ever, FBI says
- VIDEO: Cleveland marks 35 years since 1.5 million balloons fell on city in disastrous balloonfest
- Brian Laundrie search continues Tuesday, Petito’s family to address media