TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Matt Corral threw for 342 yards and two touchdowns, leading Mississippi to a 26-20 upset of seventh-ranked Indiana in the Outback Bowl on Saturday.
Corral’s 3-yard pass to Dontario Drummond put the Rebels ahead for good with 4:12 remaining. The Ole Miss defense came through with one more stop to ensure the school’s first non-losing record since going 6-6 in 2017.
Coach Lane Kiffin was rewarded before the game with a new contract, even though he’s just completing his first season with the Rebels.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- CDC: Fully-vaccinated people can gather together without masks or social distancing
- Stimulus check calculator: Do you qualify for $1,400?
- CVS opens additional COVID-19 vaccine locations around Tampa Bay
- Burger King tweets ‘Women belong in the kitchen’ on Int’l Women’s Day
- Jury selection on pause for ex-cop charged in Floyd’s death