TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida A&M scored the first 39 points to defeat Howard 39-7 on Saturday night, winning its ninth-straight game.
The Rattlers (9-1, 6-0), ranked No. 14 in the FCS Coaches Poll, are the only unbeaten team in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference but are ineligible for the conference championship because of NCAA violations.
The game started slowly for Florida A&M, which led 3-0 on a Yahia Aly 46-yard field goal, but the Rattlers struck twice more in 39 seconds in the second quarter. Azende Rey capped a five-play drive with a run from the 2. Seconds later Markquese Bell intercepted Howard’s Ramar Williams and Florida A&M scored three plays later when Ryan Stanley found Xavier Smith with an 18-yard TD strike.
Smith caught seven passes for 120 yards and a touchdown. Rey had one rushing touchdown and one receiving. Stanley went 15 of 28 passing for 172 yards.
Williams passed for 154 yards and guided the Bison on a 17-play drive capped by Josiah Crute’s plunge from the 4 to avoid the shutout. Howard (1-10, 1-6) has lost seven straight.
- Democrats cancel Texas event after Trump supporters surround, follow Biden bus
- Obama to visit Florida day before Election Day for Joe Biden
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- US citizen kidnapped in Niger rescued in American military operation
- Last day to vote early in these Tampa Bay area counties