TAMPA (WFLA) — Tom Brady broke the Tampa Bay Buccaneers record for most touchdown passes in a season with his seventh throw in Detroit Saturday.
Brady, 43, connected with wide receiver Mike Evans for a 27-yard touchdown pass in the first quarter of their game vs. the Lions. The score gives Brady the Bucs record for most passing touchdowns in a season with 34, surpassing Jameis Winston’s 33 last season.
It was already Brady’s second touchdown throw on the day, the previous one going to Rob Gronkowski.
Evans now holds the Bucs record for most receiving touchdowns in a season (12).
If the Bucs hold on and win vs. Detroit, they will clinch a playoff berth for the first time since 2007.
- Bi-partisan police reform bill limits chokehold use in Florida, sets use of force investigation standards
- Pelosi says Capitol mob would ‘have had a battle on their hands’ had the mob ran into her
- Home where Mister Rogers once lived goes up for sale
- Local veterans react to Pres. Biden’s decision to withdraw troops from Afghanistan
- Building A Strong Marriage