TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) - Nike has elected not to renewing the contract of Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston.
A Nike official told ESPN on Friday that Winston's deal expired and the company elected not to renew it.
Sources tell ESPN Winston's contract expired before the league announced his three game suspension for violating the league's personal conduct policy.
The violation in question relates to an incident that occurred in 2016 where Winston was accused of groping a female Uber driver.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- TPD sergeant protects and serves in department, military
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48
- WANTED: What it takes to catch a criminal on the run
- US trial of Mexican drug lord "El Chapo" gets underway