TAMPA (WFLA) – Former Jacksonville Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette has signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports it is a one-year deal worth a max value of $3.5 million.
Fournette later announced the news on his Twitter page.
Fournette’s addition adds to a stacked Buccaneers backfield including Ronald Jones, LeSean McCoy, and rookie Ke’Shawn Vaughn.
Fournette in 2019 ran for 1,152 yards and three touchdowns and 15 games last year with the Jacksonville Jaguars and was the fourth overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft.
MORE ON THE TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
- Buccaneers host largest girls flag football tournament in the country
- Antoine Winfield Jr. turns Super Bowl fine into donation for Hillsborough County school
- ‘We would love to have Tom play here’: Bucs GM on future of QB Tom Brady
- ‘Super’ opportunity: NFL official Sarah Thomas makes history, excels on biggest stage
- ‘We want them back’: Bruce Arians remains hopeful on keeping many free agents ahead of next season