TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — The Tampa Bay Buccaneers may be without veteran wide receiver Mike Evans for their first game of the season this weekend.
Evans has been dealing with a hamstring injury. According to an injury report released by the Bucs on Friday, Evans is “doubtful” for Sunday’s game.
He did not participate in Wednesday or Thursday practices but did have limited participation Friday, the report says.
“He did some individual stuff today,” head coach Bruce Arians said. “We’ll see if he’s sore tomorrow. It will still probably be a game-time decision.”
The Bucs are set to kick off against the New Orleans Saints at 4:25 p.m. Sunday in New Orleans.
LATEST FROM YOUR OFFICIAL BUCS STATION:
- Buccaneers announce which uniform combo they are wearing in Super Bowl LV
- ‘This city is very deserving’: Super Bowl fever taking over in Tampa to cap months of sports success
- Tampa mayor ‘pardons’ Tom Brady for park trespassing incident
- Amanda Gorman to recite poem at Super Bowl pregame ceremony
- 5 things you didn’t know about Super Bowl betting