TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The NFL announced Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Chris Godwin has been named NFC Offensive Player of the Week for week 12.
This marks the second career NFC Offensive Player of the Week honor for Godwin. The first was in week 17 in 2017.
He becomes the first wide receiver and eighth Buccaneers offensive player to win the award multiple times.
During this past weekends win against the Atlanta Falcons, Godwin had seven receptions for a career-best 184 yards and two touchdowns. The 184 receiving yards marked the seventh-most receiving yards in a single game by a Bucs player in franchise history.
Godwin currently leads the NFL with 9 receiving touchdowns on the season, while ranking second in the league with 1,071 receiving yards and tied for fourth with 70 receptions.
News Channel 8 is The Official Station of The Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Live coverage: Simone Biles seeks to conquer twisties, sets sights on beam
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Off and on downpours for the next two days
- Sarasota Olympian Emma Weyant returns home after winning silver in swimming 400m IM
- Tampa native Erriyon Knighton advances to men’s 200-meter semifinals
- Tokyo’s wild celebrations fill a void at the Games’ empty arenas