TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Ronald Jones, who is expected to be the main running back for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this year, rushed for 724 yards in his sophomore season.
He stated he is aiming for that 1,000-yard rushing mark in 2020.
“I just got to keep putting the work in and getting better,” said Jones. “This offseason, I put on seven or eight more pounds of muscle. I went from 218 to 225 and I feel like I am ready for the workload so most definitely I see 1,000 yards in my near future and for years to come so. Just being that guy for the team, that would be good.”
LATEST ON THE BUCCANEERS:
- Buccaneers host largest girls flag football tournament in the country
- Antoine Winfield Jr. turns Super Bowl fine into donation for Hillsborough County school
- ‘We would love to have Tom play here’: Bucs GM on future of QB Tom Brady
- ‘Super’ opportunity: NFL official Sarah Thomas makes history, excels on biggest stage
- ‘We want them back’: Bruce Arians remains hopeful on keeping many free agents ahead of next season