HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Sean-Murphy Bunting recently showed why he is a star in his community on and off the football field.
A video surfaced on Twitter Sunday featuring J. Santiago, a deputy with the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
The deputy said he stopped to get a cup of coffee before his shift and, as he was returning to his vehicle, a young man named Sean approached him. Sean told him he appreciated him and his work and, as a result, he bought him a smoothie from Tropical Smoothie Café.
Santiago said Sean did not even tell him his last name and it was not until later in the day that he realized he had met Sean Murphy-Bunting of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
“I wanted to just share the good instead of continuing to share the bad,” said Santiago at the end of the video. “Thank you, Sean.”
Yes, thank you, Sean.
LATEST BUCANEERS NEWS FROM YOUR OFFICIAL BUCS STATION:
- Gay Culverhouse, former Bucs president who helped injured players dies at 73
- Bucs’ Murphy-Bunting buys smoothie for HCSO deputy: ‘I just felt it out of the kindness of my heart’
- Hillsborough Co. deputy follows lead of Bucs cornerback by doing ‘something good’
- NFL to cut 2020 preseason to 2 games, report says
- Bucs’ Shaquil Barrett says he will sign franchise tag if no long term contract