TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers officially announced its roster of assistant coaches for 2019, hired by head coach Bruce Arians, on Wednesday.
As promised, Arians will work with many coaches that he has either coached, mentored at the collegiate level or worked with in the NFL.
The staff will work under Arians and offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich as well as defensive coordinator Todd Bowles.
Some of the names are already familiar to Bucs fans.
Clyde Christensen returns to the Bucs as the quarterbacks coach. He was on Tony Dungy's Bucs staff from 1996 to 2001, then worked with Arians in 2012 with the Indianapolis Colts.
Leftwich spent a season in Tampa Bay, grooming then starting quarterback Josh Freeman.
Former Bucs safety Cody Grimm returns to work the defense and special teams.
The 2019 Bucs assistant coaching staff:
- Tim Atkins, Defensive Quality Control
- Chris Boniol, Specialists
- Mike Caldwell, Inside Linebackers
- Mike Chiurco, Assistant to the Head Coach
- Clyde Christensen, Quarterbacks
- Rick Christophel, Tight Ends
- Larry Foote, Outside Linebackers
- Kevin Garver, Wide Receivers
- Joe Gilbert, Offensive Line
- Cody Grimm, Defensive/Special Teams Assistant
- Amos Jones, Assistant Special Teams
- Todd McNair, Running Backs
- Antwaan Randle El, Offensive Assistant
- Nick Rapone, Safeties
- Kacy Rodgers, Defensive Line
- Kevin Ross, Cornerbacks
- John Van Dam, Offensive Quality Control