DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) – Driver Tyler Reddick is another up-and-coming driver on the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, backed by a strong team, Richard Childress Racing.
In last year’s Daytona 500, Reddick was caught in the lap 194 incident that wiped out cars running close to the top 20.
Reddick officially begins his rookie season on NASCAR’s highest circuit after dominating back-to-back series championships in the Xfinity Series.
MORE DAYTONA NEWS:
- Newman suffered head injury, no internal injuries in crash
- Ryan Newman leaves hospital holding hands with daughters 2 days after Daytona 500 wreck
- Ryan Newman Daytona 500 crash shows racing never truly safe
- NASCAR safety innovations helped save Ryan Newman’s life
- Blaney’s attempted push of Newman led to violent crash