DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) – One of NASCAR’s popular young drivers, Chase Elliott, would love to add to his impressive resume a Daytona 500 victory.
Elliott has shown that he is fast at Daytona, winning back-to-back poles in 2016 and 2017.
The pressure is on for a win, however, as Elliott seeks to deliver the No. 9 Chevrolet back to Victory Lane, just as Chase’s father Bill Elliott did twice during the 1980s.
MORE DAYTONA NEWS:
- Daytona 500 to have limited number of fans in attendance
- Newman suffered head injury, no internal injuries in crash
- Ryan Newman leaves hospital holding hands with daughters 2 days after Daytona 500 wreck
- Ryan Newman Daytona 500 crash shows racing never truly safe
- NASCAR safety innovations helped save Ryan Newman’s life