DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) – A popular driver with the catchy nickname “DiBurrito” — Matt DiBenedetto would love to become known as a Daytona 500 champion.
DiBenedetto knows how to run at Daytona International Speedway, battling in the Duels in 2019, earning the ninth spot in the starting Daytona 500 grid.
He led 49 laps in the race and was in contention until he was collected in a crash 10 laps from the finish.
MORE DAYTONA NEWS:
- Newman suffered head injury, no internal injuries in crash
- Ryan Newman leaves hospital holding hands with daughters 2 days after Daytona 500 wreck
- Ryan Newman Daytona 500 crash shows racing never truly safe
- NASCAR safety innovations helped save Ryan Newman’s life
- Blaney’s attempted push of Newman led to violent crash