DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) – Driver Kevin Harvick knows how tough it is to win at Daytona International Speedway. He also knows what it feels like to celebrate the Daytona 500 in Victory Lane.
Harvick won the race in 2007 and has come close to a second victory.
Last year, Harvick was positioning himself on the lead lap when his day ended in a crash on lap 194. He qualifies well at Daytona and has won in the Duels.
MORE NEWS FROM DAYTONA:
- Newman suffered head injury, no internal injuries in crash
- Ryan Newman leaves hospital holding hands with daughters 2 days after Daytona 500 wreck
- Ryan Newman Daytona 500 crash shows racing never truly safe
- NASCAR safety innovations helped save Ryan Newman’s life
- Blaney’s attempted push of Newman led to violent crash