DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) – Racing is literally in Corey LaJoie’s blood as his grandfather is a New England racing legend.
His father, Randy LaJoie won two Xfinity Series titles. Now LaJoie hopes to leave his mark on the sport entering his fourth full-time season on the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.
In last year’s Daytona 500, LaJoie worked his way through a harrowing, crash-filled final 10 laps to finish in the top 20.
MORE DAYTONA NEWS:
- Daytona 500 to have limited number of fans in attendance
- Newman suffered head injury, no internal injuries in crash
- Ryan Newman leaves hospital holding hands with daughters 2 days after Daytona 500 wreck
- Ryan Newman Daytona 500 crash shows racing never truly safe
- NASCAR safety innovations helped save Ryan Newman’s life