(CNN) – This year’s Super Bowl in Miami will be historic.
Katie Sowers, the offensive assistant coach for the San Francisco 49ers will be the first female and first openly-LGBTQ coach to head the big game.
The 33-year-old is the second woman to hold a full-time coaching job in the NFL.
Sowers joined the 49ers as an intern in 2017 before being promoted to her current role last year.
The 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs will face off on Sunday, Feb. 2.
The game will begin at 6:30 p.m.
- FL Strawberry Festival gets off to a “berry” cold start
- Family of bullied Australian boy declines crowdfunded trip to Disney, wants funds to support anti-bullying charities
- Governor strips coalition against domestic violence from distributor of state funds
- What’s deadlier? Coronavirus or flu
- St. Petersburg man devastated his beloved beagle may be stolen