(CNN) – This year’s Super Bowl in Miami will be historic.
Katie Sowers, the offensive assistant coach for the San Francisco 49ers will be the first female and first openly-LGBTQ coach to head the big game.
The 33-year-old is the second woman to hold a full-time coaching job in the NFL.
Sowers joined the 49ers as an intern in 2017 before being promoted to her current role last year.
The 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs will face off on Sunday, Feb. 2.
The game will begin at 6:30 p.m.
- Fire destroys much of 249-year-old church in California
- Woman throws 3-year-old in pool, charged with child abuse in St. Pete
- Report: Washington to change team name from Redskins ‘over the next few days’
- Pandemic leads 7-Eleven to forgo free Slurpees on 7-11
- Deceased cat gets voter registration application in mail