TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A suspected drunk driver was arrested early Thursday morning after he was seen traveling the wrong way on Interstate 275, police said.
Police said another motorist called 911 after spotting the driver heading southbound in the northbound lanes in the area of Interstate 4 and Interstate 275 shortly after 2 a.m.
The driver was speeding down the highway, traveling at about 60 to 70 miles per hour, police said.
He was pulled over near mile marker 48 and arrested on a DUI charge after he refused to perform a field sobriety test.
Further information regarding the incident was not immediately available.
- Raptors’ virus issues worsen, game vs. Bulls called off
- Golfer drowns in pond while searching for his ball at Oldsmar country club
- Cuomo asks state AG to investigate sexual harassment allegations against him
- Crowds rush Clearwater Beach for the first unofficial day of Spring Break
- Nigerian families await news of 300 kidnapped schoolgirls