LONDON (AP) — The Duchess of Sussex says her first year of marriage to Britain’s Prince Harry has been hard because of Britain’s tabloids.
The former Meghan Markle tells ITV news that her British friends warned her not to marry the prince “because the British tabloids will destroy your life.”
The former U.S. television star says she “naively” dismissed the warnings, because as an American she didn’t understand how the British press worked.
She says “I didn’t get it so, yeah, it’s been complicated.”
The duchess earlier this month sued the Mail on Sunday tabloid, claiming it illegally published a letter she wrote to her father.
Prince Harry tells ITV says most of what’s printed in the British tabloids is not true, adding “I will not be bullied into playing a game that killed my mum.”
- CDC ranks Halloween activities by COVID-19 risk: No trick-or-treating, crowded parties or indoor haunted houses
- 2 officers save man who uses wheelchair from car minutes before it bursts into flames
- Gabriel, No. 13 UCF beat East Carolina 51-28 in AAC opener
- No. 5 Florida beats Ole Miss 51-35 in Kiffin’s debut
- Willis’ 370 yards of offense helps Liberty beat FIU 36-34