BIXBY, OK (WCMH/CNN) – A woman in Oklahoma says she was shocked to find a four-legged intruder in her home.
Bonnie Moriarty says she was in a deep sleep, when all of a sudden she was startled awake by a loud noise, KOKI reported.
"Around 4 or 4:15, all of a sudden we here what sounded like a cat-fight almost," said Moriarty.
At first, she thought it was just her cat and dog getting into a scuffle.
"I woke up and the cat and the coyote came running into my room. It was still dark," said Moriarty. "My husband was out of town and my poor kids are upstairs and I was screaming."
She says she grabbed a golf club for protection.
At one point, she says her miniature schnauzer came running in, barking up a storm. The coyote just crouched down in the corner, remaining timid.
"That's when I realized, holy crud, I have a coyote that is stuck in my bedroom," said Moriarty.
She said police were able to get the animal out of her house.
Moriarty suspects the coyote got in through her back door after it saw her cat.
Mystery woman identified
47 dog deaths after grooming
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Report: 47 dogs died after grooming over last decade, but link uncertain
- Prominent Tampa defense attorney Barry Cohen dies at 79
- Hurricane Maria caravan, rally focuses on Trump's Mar-a-Lago
- FBI: Student pilot who tried to steal jet at airport planned to harm himself