ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – Police said a woman riding a motor scooter sustained critical injuries after being struck by a car in St. Petersburg Friday morning.
The incident occurred shortly before 6 a.m. at the intersection of 49th Street South and 8th Avenue South.
Police said the driver of a Ford F510 ran into the woman after she tried to turn left on 8th Avenue and failed to yield the right of way.
The crash victim, 47-year-old Kimberly Shew, was transported to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg, where she remains in critical condition.
It’s unclear if Shew was wearing a helmet.
The driver of the truck, 32-year-old Therese Ford, remained at the scene and is cooperating with the investigation.
Police said alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the crash, but it’s unclear if charges are pending.
- Sarasota County to offer 2 testing opportunities for residents with symptoms, healthcare workers
- Bowles emphasizes communication, chemistry, and continuity as keys to Bucs defensive success in 2020
- Danny gets frustrated while trying to complete a white puzzle in quarantine
- Sarasota police officer plays basketball with kids while masked
- Boston Marathon canceled for first time in history