NAPLES, Fla. (AP) – A Florida woman says an e-cigarette exploded as she took a puff, knocking her teeth loose and catching her rental car on fire.
Cassandra Koziol told the Naples Daily News she had parked her car outside a friend’s house Thursday night to use the e-cigarette and charge her car. She said that when she pressed the device’s button, it exploded, loosening her teeth and flying from her hand.
Covered in blood, she ran into the house and asked her friends to call 911. When they went outside, the car was engulfed in flames.
Koizol was treated for first- and second-degree burns to her hand, chest and neck. She lost a tooth. She has hired a personal injury lawyer to sue the e-cigarette manufacturer.
This is the second e-cigarette explosion to make headlines this month. Last weekend, a Kentucky man was hospitalized after an e-cigarette battery exploded in his pocket. The explosion was recorded by a gas station surveillance camera and the video went viral.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Leap Day freebies and deals
- Complaints show birth control device Essure breaking apart inside women
- Cruise ship that was damaged in storms turns around again after norovirus outbreak
- Erin Andrews’ mother expected to take the stand in civil trial
- After daughter’s disappearance, mom warns of social media dangers
- Toddler accidentally struck, killed by his mother