TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Police said a woman suffered serious injuries after she was struck by a car in downtown Tampa.
The incident happened Tuesday night on Tampa Street near Franklin Street.
Police said the woman darted out into traffic and was struck by a vehicle that was traveling southbound.
The driver remained at the scene. Police said alcohol does not appear to be a factor for the driver.
The woman was taken to Tampa General Hospital to be treated for serious head injuries.
Further information was not immediately available.
- SeaWorld CEO resigns after less than a year on the job
- 15-year-old student faces charges after threatening to shoot up class in St. Pete
- Owners, employees traumatized after armed robbery at Lakeland store
- Dog the Bounty Hunter hospitalized months after wife’s death
- ‘SNL’ fires new cast member after video surfaces of comedian using Asian slur