(NBC) – A California woman was arrested Monday after authorities found her 3-year-old son tied up inside a burning home with a plastic bag over his head, authorities said.
Firefighters in the Southern California city of Santa Paula also found the woman, Maricela Magana Ruiz, 47, bound in her bedroom, police said in a statement.
Magana Ruiz was booked early Monday on suspicion of child endangerment after she allegedly tied the boy up in his bedroom and put the bag over his head, the statement and jail records say.
The cause of the fire remained under investigation, Detective Sergeant Allen Macias told NBC News. He said it wasn’t clear why or how Magana Ruiz had been tied up.
- MLS to resume regular season following Florida tournament
- Statewide early voting begins as Florida grapples with virus
- TikTok to file lawsuit against Trump administration over order banning app in US
- Missing Child Alert issued for 16-year-old girl in New Port Richey
- Heat exhaustion vs. heat stroke: How to see the signs