HUDSON, Fla. (WFLA) — The Pasco Sheriff’s Office arrested a woman who is suspected of trying to burn down a man’s tent while he was asleep inside it.
Kellie Ann Barrett, 49, was arrested Tuesday evening in Hudson and charged with burglary with simple battery.
Deputies said Barrett started a fire at the front entrance of the victim’s tent while he was inside and asleep. When he woke up, he saw the flames in his tent and scrambled to put the fire out with water jugs he had inside his tent.
The sheriff’s office said as the man tried to talk to 911 dispatch, Barrett jumped on him and removed the phone from his hand and fled the area on foot. She was later arrested.
- Breakthrough Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction
- Trump’s unemployment benefit orders ‘are complete mess’
- Florida ports seek federal relief after losing $23B during coronavirus pandemic
- LIVE: President Trump to hold news conference Monday afternoon
- ‘It’s horrific’: Elderly couple killed in their Lakeland home likely knew attacker, police say