HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A driver died Tuesday morning after her car crashed into a tree in Brooksville, authorities said.
The crash occurred around 6:20 a.m. on Andrew Lane near Farran Street.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the 68-year-old had lost control of the vehicle, which left the roadway, hit a tree and overturned.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
It’s unclear if alcohol or impairment were factors in the crash, but the woman was not wearing a seatbelt.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 9,816 new cases, 308 new hospitalizations
- Police: 2 wounded in shooting at Hernando County gathering
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 8,002 new cases, 137 new resident deaths
- Florida coronavirus: Over 1 million COVID-19 vaccinations administered in the state
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 12,119 new cases; resident deaths surpass 24,000