HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A driver died Tuesday morning after her car crashed into a tree in Brooksville, authorities said.
The crash occurred around 6:20 a.m. on Andrew Lane near Farran Street.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the 68-year-old had lost control of the vehicle, which left the roadway, hit a tree and overturned.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
It’s unclear if alcohol or impairment were factors in the crash, but the woman was not wearing a seatbelt.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 7,364 new cases, expected to hit 1 million total cases within next 2 days
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 6,276 new cases, 79 new fatalities
- Tractor-trailer explodes into flames near Brooksville Walmart, store reopens to Black Friday shoppers
- Florida coronavirus: Resident death toll surpasses 18,000
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 6,586 new cases, 61 new fatalities