WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (WFLA) – Students at the Language and Literacy Academy in Winter Haven were evacuated Wednesday morning due to a “smokey haze inside of the building,” police said.
The Winter Haven Fire Department was dispatched to the building, which is located on 330 Avenue C Southeast and all students and staff were safely evacuated, police said.
The students were moved to Grace Lutheran, which is directly across the street.
Police said there was no visible fire and that officers were conducting a sweep of the building.
Further information was not immediately available.
- QUARTERBACK GIVES BACK: Bucs’ Jameis Winston hosts Christmas dinner for at-risk Tampa students who call it “awesome, best night ever”
- 71-year-old woman dies in crash in St. Petersburg
- Pigeons in tiny cowboy hats are a mystery in Las Vegas
- Stamkos, Vasilevskiy lead Lightning to 2-1 win over Panthers
- Trump mocks impeachment effort, talks up trade deal at rally