WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (WFLA) – Students at the Language and Literacy Academy in Winter Haven were evacuated Wednesday morning due to a “smokey haze inside of the building,” police said.
The Winter Haven Fire Department was dispatched to the building, which is located on 330 Avenue C Southeast and all students and staff were safely evacuated, police said.
The students were moved to Grace Lutheran, which is directly across the street.
Police said there was no visible fire and that officers were conducting a sweep of the building.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Hearing wraps up for convicted cop killer who wants new trial
- VIDEO: Florida homeowner cleverly activates security camera to capture armed carjacking
- Tampa Bay Rays employee faces 39 counts of child pornography
- Mom said two fake child protective services agents tried to take her son
- Boy left in hot car Tuesday evening as punishment by father, police say