ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – It was a celebration of love on Tuesday morning as retired Tampa Bay Buccaneers fullback Mike Alstott and his wife Nicole visited Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg.
Alstott’s 12th Annual “Stuff-N-Fluff” party afforded 50 children the opportunity to stuff and outfit a teddy bear or animal of their choice.
The Valentine’s Day celebration was made complete with sweets, including cookies that the children could decorate themselves.
The Mike Alstott Family Foundation’s mission is to “uplift the minds, hearts and spirits of families and children on their way to realizing their full potential.”
Since the Mike Alstott Family Foundation began in 2007, the family has hosted numerous other events including “Charlie-Palooza” Tournaments to benefit the Angelus House, back-to-school shopping events for children of the Sallie House and Children’s Village and hosting a summer bowling party for athletes from Special Olympics.
For more information visit www.MikeAlstottFamilyFoundation.org
LATEST WFLA+ HEADLINES:
- Needle-less blood draws now being implemented at Moffitt Cancer Center
- Tampa Bay walk-in clinics testing for deficiencies prior to possible COVID-19 infection, vaccine
- Valentine’s Day gift of billboard helps wife, new business owner start up ‘Dog Mom’s’ in South Tampa
- Dunedin woman creating intricate charcuterie boards after starting craft at own wedding
- Smokin’ hot handbags: Tampa artist crafting cigar boxes into purses