TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A new funnel cake “sandwich” has made its debut at the Florida State Fair.
The Best Around funnel cake trailer is offering the delicious treat. It’s an Oreo funnel cake with sweet cream filling, sandwiched between two chocolate funnel cake batter cookies.
“Mama” Jane Harris is the manager of the trailer. She told 8 On Your Side they’ve sold the dish at other fairs across the country. The dessert was featured on Carnival Eats TV.
“It was called the Choco-Berry Orie then when it was half strawberry and half Oreo. But this one is full out Oreo,” Harris explained.
She said this version of the Orie tastes exactly like an Oreo and “it’s ridiculously good.”
Harris said the name of the dish was inspired by a friend from a fair up north who recently passed away.
LATEST WFLA+ HEADLINES:
- Couples celebrate Valentine’s Day with group wedding at Polk County History Center
- How cute: Clearwater PD releases Valentine’s Day cards featuring its K9s
- ‘Lover’s Revenge’ Valentine’s Day haunted house opens in Plant City
- Couples who met at Town ‘N’ Country Senior Center celebrate Valentine’s Day
- 8 romantic and unique Tampa Bay date night ideas to celebrate Valentine’s Day