MIDLAND, TX – The amazing video shows what happens when 20,000 pounds of fireworks explodes at once.
The Midland Police Department posted the video to its Facebook page and explained that the fireworks were seized in Glasscock County by the ATF.
According to the police department, officials detonated the fireworks during the day because they didn’t want them to be considered a fireworks display. A court had ordered them destroyed.
The detonation also served as a learning experience for several bomb squad teams in the area.THE STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Officials: Wrong-way driver involved in crash that killed deputy had alcohol in blood
- Man arrested for sex on Ferris wheel shot dead in Houston
- Mall Easter bunny, father get into brawl
- Daring deer rescued from the Gulf of Mexico
- Woman hopes 130 lb weight-loss inspires others
- Deputies: 1 dead after road-rage incident leads to shooting
- Police: Toddler burned after mother put her in an oven
- Deputies: Girl, 13, drives car into power pole
- Inspectors find roach droppings on shake machine at local restaurant
- >>Back to the homepage for the latest breaking news and top headlines