CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – A 35-foot-long boat burst into flames in Clearwater on Thursday afternoon.
Clearwater Fire Rescue firefighters responded to the burning boat, which caught fire while docked at the Barefoot Bay Resort & Marina located at 401 East Shore Dr.
After catching fire, the boat detached from the dock and then drifted into the Intracoastal Waterway where it continued to burn.
Firefighters have put out the blaze. No injuries were reported, but a dog that lived aboard the boat is believed to have died.
The boat was owned by William Campbell. A man named Oscar Lozada lived on the boat.
A second boat located near the burning boat also suffered damage.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Dunedin Fire Rescue, the U.S. Coast Guard and the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office also responded to the fire.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Judge: Casey Anthony may have accidentally killed daughter
- Family, neighbors devastated by death of 2 year-old left in hot car in Brandon
- Hillsborough detention deputy injured when inmate tries to strangle him
- Sarasota Co. first responders witness woman pass off meth to 5-year-old
- Florida Strawberry Festival: Entertainment Schedule & What to know before you go
>>>>> BACK TO TOP STORIES